The s h i r ī n German committee, created on November 27, 2015, is steered by Dominik Bonatz (Free University of Berlin, Mission at Tell Fekheriye). Executives are Felix Blocher (University of Halle), Kai Kohlmeyer (HTW University of Applied Sciences Berlin) and Hartmut Kühne (Free University of Berlin).
Its first annual meeting will held on April 2, 2016 in Frankfurt am Main.
Aims and goals:
- Cooperation with the shirīn international association
– Collecting and provision of information concerning the salvage of the Syrian archaeological heritage
– Promoting measures for the protection and preservation of archaeological sites in Syria
– Promoting measures for the protection and preservation of German facilities for archaeological fieldwork in Syria
– Promoting measures for improving museum institutions in Syria
– Promoting of education and training possibilities for junior scientists and conservation and restoration
– Sessions, seminars and public relations activities
– Provision of expertise for relevant national and international persons and institutions (such as universities, museums, criminal police offices, Interpol, UNESCO)
– Cooperation with the Directorate General of Antiquities and Museums Syria (DGAMS)
– Cooperation with international institutions, governmental and non-governmental organizations which are concerned with the protection of the Syrian cultural heritage
– Cooperation with German institutions and associations which are concerned with the archaeology and culture of Syria